Iconic Autumn + Winter Styles
It’s October, so we’re feeling witchy! We’re inspired to conjure up some Black girl magic.
As we enter the Autumn and winter seasons, let’s take a trip down memory lane and revisit 5 iconic looks that you can recreate with our all-natural products at home.
Here are our top 5 hairstlyes for cold weather:
- Looking for a way to frame your face while keeping your neck warm? Issa Rae’s look for the 44th Annual NAACP Image Awards offers the best of both worlds. Prep your hair and scalp by using BBN’s Moisture Silk Sulfate-Free Shampoo to protect your scalp. Maintain the look with our Hair Too Balm Whipped Butter to control fly aways and keep your tresses as crisp as the Autumn air.
- Pump up the volume while making room for a winter coat? Yes please. This iconic and celebratory style can brighten your mood on the coldest day. An afro like Ms. Lauryn Hill’s pairs perfectly with a cozy turtleneck and earrings. Use our Coconut Cream Deep Conditioning Hair Mask to lock in moisture and let out your inner lioness.
- Our ancestors may not have been battling the cold, but we think Fulani braids are perfect for winter. This hairstyle originated with the Fulani (Fula) people of West Africa and those living in the Sahel region. Erica Ash stayed true to tradition and embellished her look with beads and shells. Rock these braids with a beanie, hoodie, or hat without having to worry about redoing your hair when you’re indoors and it’s time you take off your layers. Use our Braid and Loc Maintenance Trio to keep your protective style looking right.
- In 1927, Josephine Baker set the tone for Black hair in the Roaring Twenties. Her classic Kiss Curl style is perfect for Autumn and winter months. Better yet, it saves you from leaving the house with wet hair. Don’t have a pixie cut? Look to FKA Twigs, Janelle Monae, or Alicia Keys for a modern take on Kiss Curls. Achieve this hairstyle -without drying your hair or skin- by using our Curl Crush Flax Seed & Marshmallow Gel.
- Your curls can hibernate throughout the winter, no judgement here! Cicely Tyson was the first woman to wear cornrows on tv in 1964, and since then the modern world has been blessed with displays of the versatility of Black hair and protective styles. As you switch up your cornrows throughout the season, use our Lock It In Moisture Spray for styling and between wash days as it has been formulated to support scalp and hair health.
If these iconic looks could stand the test of time, you can make it to spring! Spice things up when the cold hits and have fun getting creative with your looks. Our products are all-natural and can be used daily for styling and upkeep without building up on the scalp and hair.
Terms of Service
Company Number: 12514187 | VAT Number: 383 5788 45 | EORI: GB07679964100
Registered Address: Suite 2A Blackthorne House, St. Pauls Square, Birmingham B3 1RL UK
Powered by Shopify
Leave a comment: